Airbnb Death

White Line

3 Dead in Mexico Airbnb Death

Table of Contents

3 Dead in Mexico Airbn Death

According to local authorities, three American friends, Kandace Florence, Jordan Marshall and Courtez Hall, who were found dead inside their Airbnb in Mexico City last month, died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. The friends were in Mexico to celebrate Dia de los Muertos.

According to Bloomberg, local autopsy reports showed that the three individuals died as a result of inhaling a lethal toxin. On October 30th, while speaking on the phone with her boyfriend, Florence mentioned feeling unwell and sensing that something was amiss. The call was then disconnected, and despite her boyfriend’s attempts to reach her from the US, he was unable to do so.

The person contacted the Airbnb host to ask for a welfare check. Later that same night, the police went to the apartment and discovered that all three friends had passed away due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The families of the deceased American tourists are cautioning people who are planning to travel during the holiday season about the risks of traveling abroad.

According to the Attorney General’s Office of Mexico City, Jordan Marshall and Courtez Hall, both schoolteachers from New Orleans, and Kandace Florence, a business owner in Virginia Beach, Virginia, were discovered deceased in an Airbnb apartment they had reserved in Mexico City in October.


🇲🇽 Mexico Travel Resources We Use:


Mexico Airbnb Death – What Happened?

During a news conference on Thursday, it was revealed that while attending the Day of the Dead celebrations in Mexico, Florence called her boyfriend to report feeling unwell. She complained of dizziness and having wobbly legs. Later on, security guards at the apartment complex where they were staying detected a strong gas smell and discovered the victims.

The mothers of the victims are now speaking out about the preventable tragedy that led to the loss of their children, as blood tests revealed that they died due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

U.S. officials informed Jasmine Marshall’s family that her brother and his friends died due to an improperly installed water heater, according to a police report.

According to a family member, the authorities have disclosed the reason for the death of the three Americans who were discovered deceased in the Airbnb property they had rented in Mexico for celebrating the Day of the Dead.

Last month, Jordan Marshall died of carbon monoxide poisoning along with his friend Kandace Florence and boyfriend Courtez Hall in an Airbnb located in Mexico City’s La Rosita neighborhood. Jasmine Marshall shared that her father received an email from the U.S. Embassy in Mexico containing a translated police report that stated the cause of death.

Read Next:

The current belief is that an incorrectly installed water heater led to the carbon monoxide poisoning. The authorities are investigating to identify who performed the installation. No additional information has been provided by the U.S. Embassy in Mexico at this time.

Jasmine explains that the American trio visited Mexico City to observe the national holiday Day of the Dead on November 1st and 2nd. Jordan’s family came to Mexico City to find out more details about his death and arrange to have his body transported back home for the funeral, after learning about his passing from Kandace’s boyfriend Victor Day.

Day was not present with the group in Mexico, but he had spoken to Kandace earlier on October 30. Kandace had informed him that she was feeling unwell. When Day was unable to reach her the next morning, he contacted the Airbnb host and asked them to check on the group. The host later informed Day that all three individuals were found unresponsive in the apartment without vital signs.

After the host reached out again, he was informed that all of them had been declared dead. On November 8th, a spokesperson from the State Department confirmed that three U.S. citizens had died in Mexico and the department is closely monitoring the local authorities’ investigation to determine the cause of their deaths. The department is ready to provide appropriate consular assistance as required. At present, no further information can be provided to respect the privacy of the affected families.

Kandace was an inspiration to her Virginia Beach community for working tirelessly towards her future, according to her loved ones.